Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our First Visitor in NYC!

Before Brandon headed out to England for his clinicals, he came and spent a few days with us in NYC. It was his first trip to New York! Unfortunately Richie had to be at the hospital during the day, but luckily Cesar was available to hang out with us and put up with us. We had a fun time! We spent one day just hanging out and showing Brandon around where we live and one day we went into the city. It was really cold the day we headed into Manhattan! We rode the bus and subway the entire way....which is a big step for me! Before this, I hadn't been on the bus or subway yet since we moved here. Richie takes the bus to his hospital daily but I hadn't had the experience yet! Thank goodness Cesar was with us! We had a fun time with Brandon in town! I was the photographer of the day...as you can tell by the pictures! I made Brandon take some of these pictures as he was refusing...LOL! I couldn't believe that part of the Hudson was frozen where there was no current. It made me even more sympathetic for all of the airline passengers that were standing in the water several days ago waiting to be rescued.

We took the subway all over the city! We went to Ground Zero, Battery Park to see Lady Liberty, NYU campus, Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, and Times Square. We had a BUSY BUSY day! We ended up having lunch at Juniors in Times Square. They have the best cheesecake ever! Bobby Flay did a throw down with the original Juniors in Brooklyn. It was yummy!
Hope everyone is doing well! We're slowly but surely finding our way in NYC! Richie is busy in the hospital and I'm working again. We are both busy and loving it! I'm so proud of Richie...he's learned so much in just a few short weeks. Keep in touch! WE MISS YOU!
Love,
Candace and Richie

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the updates. Glad you guys are exploring your new home--I'm sure it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun day being a tourist. SOOO COLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YALL ARE SOOOOOOO SILLY!!!!MISS YA, COURTNEY AND JORGE

    ReplyDelete